Friday, July 5, 2013

New Goals and a New Start

I am so excited to introduce my new blog, Girls Making Goals.  I've had this project in the works in my mind for over a year, and last night while sitting on a boat watching Fourth of July fireworks, I decided it was time to bring it to life.  Enough thinking!  This blog is all about action as you will see in the coming months.

Here is the premise behind Girls Making Goals, or GMG for short.  Every day I am inspired by women who are making their lofty, seemingly-impossible goals their new reality.  They are living their dreams. But I figure that for every woman who is doing so, there are probably even more behind the scenes who have unfulfilled goals that are yet to be accomplished.  We need to know that we are not alone.  With a little extra support and a little (friendly) shove in the right direction, we can all become Girls Making Goals!  Not only can we set high expectations for ourselves, but we can, with the right network of support, meet those goals and go on to inspire others.

Some of what you can expect in this blog will include:

-Reviews on articles and books that deal with goal-setting
-My own personal goals and my process of achieving them (or failing to, that's just as important!)
-Inspiring stories of other GMG's doing their thing
-Ideas and tips to help you reach your goals
-Support for times when you need some extra encouragement
-Ways to celebrate when you become a GMG

I hope you can see that this blog is here to serve as an inspiration for your goals.  We need strong, empowered women like you.  You owe it to this world to go after your dreams in a relentless way.  And when you get tired or when it's time to celebrate a goal accomplished, Girls Making Goals can be a place for you to turn to for that extra support!

Here's to all of the closet GMG's out there today!  Ladies, it's time to start dreaming of what could be and what very soon will be...

Kristin King

No comments:

Post a Comment