Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My End-of-Summer Goal!

In the last post, I talked about the difference between dreams and goals and then outlined how to turn your vague wishes into clearly defined goals using the SMART system.

Today I'm going to tell you about the current goal that I have for myself and outline it using the SMART system.

Although I have many goals I am usually working on at a given time, this goal is especially important to me as it has a definitive deadline.

You see, I am eight months pregnant with my first child and will more than likely be a new mom by the tail-end of next month!  That is scary because I will be a first-time parent, but also extremely motivating to my goals because my free time is about to become very scarce!  I have to take advantage of it while I have the chance.

So, my most pressing goal is to finish editing and e-publish my book on singing before the baby comes.

Here is my goal, outlined with the SMART system:

-I want to e-publish my vocal book through Amazon by the end of next month (Specific)
-I know I will have achieved my goal when the book is completely edited, formatted into e-publication, and is available for purchase on Amazon (Measurable)
-I have roughly seven weeks to finish this project and because I am on summer break, I am able to devote thirty minutes daily to working on my book; also, the book is already written, it just needs to be edited and formatted correctly (Attainable)
-I desire to see this goal through to completion because singing is something I am passionate about and I am able to contribute first-hand knowledge on the skills it takes to develop a better singing voice (Realistic)
-My deadline for this goal is the birth of my son, or August 31st, whichever comes first! (Timely)

So, there you have it!  Now that I've written it on my blog, I have to follow through, otherwise, I'll need to report back to you that I've failed to meet my goal!

Do you have a goal that you'd like to complete before the end of the summer?  If so, and you'd care to share it, feel free to leave a comment below!  I would love to see what other women are working on this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment